A great upgrade for your modified Golf 1.8T, perfect for Fast Road and Track use. As fitted to AIRTEC demo car.
After much research, development and testing at AIRTEC HQ, our intercooler upgrade for the VW Golf Mk4 1.8T has been added to our ever-growing range of products. Built using a high flow core to offer increased cooling efficiency and performance, we take pride ensuring all of our kits are finished to our usual high standard and premium quality. Designed in the UK and offered at a reasonable price.
AIRTEC front mount intercooler kit includes these parts & features:
- 1 x Huge 60mm core Intercooler with flowed cast end tanks, this means less welding and a stronger Intercooler
- High quality 4/5ply silicon hoses with no joins (Red,Black and Blue) which means better flow inside the pipe work, finished stainless Jubilee clips
- Stainless horn and ambient temperature support brackets with AIRTEC logo’s
- Retains original crash bar ‘requires minor cutting, detailed in instructions’
- Retains original fog lights
- No cutting to bumper
- Fitting Instructions and all required fixings
- Requires the rear of the middle grill/bumper area to be trimmed, left and right bumper grilles remain un-cut
- We strongley recommend Anniversary lower bumper valance to be installed to help with intercooler clearance
- Un-beatable value for money
- Proven power increase for Fast Road & Track builds
- Available in Pro-Series Black
- AIRTEC 3 year unlimited mileage warranty
- Fitting will take 2-4 hours depending on mechanical skill
- Fits all Mk4 1.8T Golfs
AMD Rolling Road tested results – Stage 1 remap ‘Higher stages of tune will see even bigger gains’
- Standard – Temps Into Intercooler 128 degrees & Out of Intercooler 49 degrees, 12 bhp gain in mid range and standard Intercooler kept losing power
- AIRTEC Intercooler – Temps Into Intercooler 126 degrees & Out of Intercooler 23 degrees.
Please note, above test results taken from Seat Cupra R rolling road testing, it uses same intercooler as the Airtec 1.8T intercooler kit, which means you will get the same great results!
Registered Design Right number: 6023253
AIRTEC part no: ATINTVAG13